6 reasons to master yoga course at Rishikesh.
Located in the foothills of the Himalayas in northern India in the state of Uttarakhand, Rishikesh is known as the ‘Gateway to the Himalayas’ and ‘Yoga Capital of the World'. Rishikesh is mentioned in ancient books of Hinduism as a part of Uttarakhand and Himalayan spiritual practice center.
Know as land for monks or people who have renounced the world and dedicated themselves to intense practice of yoga and meditation.
Rishikesh is the land of spiritual sagas where mythical tales live on till today.
1. Home of yoga- Located on the bank of river Ganges, Rishikesh was always a pilgrimage to Hindus and people in search of God. Yoga schools and monasteries were set up to spread the consciousness towards yoga and Vedanta. Some of the world's major style founder have studied in Rishikesh with their masters such as Sivananda yoga, Himalayan yoga, Transcendental meditation, and Vedanta center.
Yoga is in the air of Rishikesh, and powerful spiritual energies are present from meditation done by masters since centuries.
The Upanishads, a series of Hindu sacred treatises, literally mean “sitting near,” as in to sit as close as possible to the master.
Like the classic game of telephone, things get lost in translation; therefore, traveling to India is the logical course to learn from the source of sacred yogic wisdom.
2. Food - Rishikesh is a meat and alcohol-free city due to its spiritual and mystical environment. But there’s no dearth of good food. There is a plethora of cuisines available - Ayurvedic, German, Italian, Tibetan, and of course Indian, etc. The food plays a major role in success of yoga practice.
3. Letting Go: Bye-Bye Ego - Training in India not only teaches you the Yamas and niyamas, and it also helps you live the yogic philosophy.Considering aparigraha, non-greed or non-possessiveness — in India, it is easier to strip away the ego that calls for expensive yoga clothes and competition for the perfect asana practice.
4. Ayurveda: developing a healthy lifestyle
Established over 10,000 years ago in India, Ayurveda is a system of preventative medicine, healing, and health care. Ayurveda identifies a person’s ideal state of balance and offers interventions to re-establish balance. While in Rishikesh, learning more about Ayurveda from the source is a perfect complement to learning yoga, along the broad range of Ayurvedic clinics and restaurants, specialising in Ayurvedic cooking.
5. Full Immersion: No distraction
If you are learning yoga at Rishikesh due to its holiness, you get a chance to stay with like minded people who are dedicated to yoga. You can immerse yourself totally in practice and learning. There is no time to push pause and go back to your usual routine. Being fully engaged in your training and surrounded by like-minded individuals helps integrate your teachings into your life.
6. Adventure Sports and excursions - If you have been trying to satisfy your adrenaline rush, look no further. Rishikesh is the place to be. You can try out River Rafting, Bungee Jumping, Flying Fox, Cliff Jumping, Jungle Camping, and Beach Camping, etc. Rishikesh is surrounded by many ancient yoga temples and caves. Even Beatles ashram is located in mid of Rishikesh. The Beatles quartet spent few weeks here in 1968 meditating and writing songs for the White Album.